Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Technique Tuesday

Tutorial for Tuesday

I'm into those copics... I can't explain why i love them so much. Well I can. Before I started with scrapbooking and making cards I painted with watercolors and I love that medium. It's transparent and soft and gentle. And when I first colored with copics I found out that I can get almost the same results with them. But I could also make bold and strong colors with them. So I started coloring Stamps and then Digital Stamps with them.

But when I got started I had no idea which colors to use for what and where to start with buying colors. I started surfing the internet and found some advices and I bought my first copics...
Well that didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Not all of those colors blended so well together and although the numbers were close to each other... they didn't match the way I hoped.

After quite some months and mistakes I can say that I have a clue on which colors to use for what.
And this tutorial is all about that.
To start to make you familiar with the colors you can start with I made a list for you.

My copic combinations:

Skin:
E51 , E000, E21, (R30 Pale Yellowish pink for the blush on the cheeks)

Hair:
Blonde: Y21, YR24, E42

Jeans: (blue)
E91, E93, E95

Water:
BG75, G28

Greens for Flora
YG11, YG23, YG63

Violet
BV0000, BV02

Pink:
RV000, RV32, RV34, R85

Red:
R24, R27, R29

Earthtones:
E35, E55, E57


Grey tones:
C0, C1, C3 (cool grey)
W0, W3, W5 (warm grey)

Well I hope you all have some benefit from this list. Next time I will talk a bit more about how to color and blend colors and several techniques.

Please let me know if this helped you in any way.

Love
Marion

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marion, this helped me alot! I have been looking at copics and struggling. It is so hard to know where to start. Thanks for taking the time to make this list for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list Marion! It will make a convenient little shopping list for both seasoned and new Copic users too!

    ReplyDelete